PASSPORT, VISAS & CUSTOMS
Andorra is not a European Union member, but it have transit agreements with. The following information details the documentation required to visit us
No visa of any type is required to enter Andorra. Our country, however, has a very special geographical location in Europe. Andorra neither belongs to the European Union nor is in the Schengen Area. We therefore uphold agreements on the movement of people with neighbouring countries. To enter the Principality, you will therefore not experience any additional problems. Find out what documentation is required at the border and at customs controls and what you need to bring for pets.
If you are a European Union citizen, you do not need a visa to enter. Transit agreements with Spain and France mean that, in practice, people arriving from any European state will not be subject to any special procedure. A passport or national ID card is sufficient to enter or to leave Andorra.
If you are a citizen of a country that does not belong to the EU but is in the Schengen Area, you must bring a valid passport.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you must bring your passport and, given that access to Andorra is through France or Spain, you should find out at the French or Spanish embassies or consulates in the country you are from whether you need a visa to access the Schengen Area and, if so, how to go about the corresponding application. When necessary, you will need to apply for a two or multiple-entry Schengen visa, depending on your travel plans, so you can leave and re-enter the Schengen Area trouble-free.
- Adults: National ID card or passport.
- Minors accompanied by their parents: Valid National ID Card or Passport.
- Minors unaccompanied by any of their legal representatives (parents or guardian/s) or alone: Valid National ID Card or Passport and a signed statement issued at a police station authorising them to leave the country.
CITIZENS OF COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU WHO DO NOT NEED A SCHENGEN VISA TO TRAVEL TO EUROPE
- Valid passport.
CITIZENS OF COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU WHO DO NEED A SCHENGEN VISA TO TRAVEL TO EUROPE
- Valid passport with two or multiple-entry Schengen visa.
Informational link: https://www.exteriors.ad/en/travel-to-andorra
Customs control at the border
When returning to the European Union after visiting us, there are restrictions as to the amount of agricultural and industrial products you may take across the border. You may take the quantities or values per person of products purchased in Andorra as detailed in this PDF, without paying customs duties or taxes. Please note that the quantities and values allowed may vary according to age.
Documentation for pets
To travel to Andorra with your pet (dog, cat or ferret), make sure it meets the following requirements:
- It should be identified with a clearly legible microchip or tattoo which was applied before 3 July 2011.
- It should be properly vaccinated against rabies. In the case of a primary vaccination, please remember that protective immunity is not acquired until after a period of 21 days has passed.
- You must have the pet passport when the animal comes from a member state of the European Union, Switzerland, the Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Greenland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino or the Holy See.
- Have an official veterinary health certificate when they come from a country other than the ones previously mentioned.
Please also note that any person who wants to enter the country with wild animals that are native and non-native fauna (or parts of these animals), they must apply for authorisation through the request relating to specimens/products of native/non-native fauna with the Government Procedures Service and address this request to the Department of Environment and Sustainability. Depending on the animal species, it will be necessary to attach the specific documentation detailed in the Regulations relating to the conditions of transport, import and export of wild animals.
For more information, you can contact the Department of Agriculture of the Government of Andorra on (+376) 875 703.