CHURCH OF SANT JAUME D’ENGORDANY
Locatie en contact
It was consecrated on 24 July, 1992 in the same place as the original building, which dated back to the 11th century. This was documented from the beginning of the 11th century. On 17 January 1040, on the day when the Bishop of Urgell consecrated the monastery of Sant Cerni de Tavèrnoles, the Church of Sant Jaume is already mentioned as one of his possessions. Of this ancient monastic cell, only visible today is the bottom of the apse.
In the 1950s, the building completely collapsed. The present church is in contemporary style.
More information: Escaldes-Engordany Tourist Office.