CHAPEL OF MARE DE DÉU DE LES NEUS DE LLUMENERES
Posizione e contatto
It was built in the traditional style of the country with stone walls bound with mud and covered in lime mortar, capped with a two sided stone slab and wooden roof. Inside there is a series of pictures framing Latin liturgical texts engraved in wood, following the declaration of the bridal boxes of the time, it also has embedded figures (extraordinarily engraved in soft incision) of Our Lady Mare de Déu de les Neus and St. Pere, a set of remarkable value in the genre and a rarity given the current lack of this cultural heritage. Also worth pointing out is the original confessional which has a wooden arch (once more the popular seven hundred construction) with a wooden lattice on one side.
The family that owns the chapel preserves the original documentation with the dry stamp of bishop Francisco Fernàndez de Xàtiva granting the licence in 1769.
More information: Sant Julià de Lòria Tourist and Information Office.