SECURITY IN ANDORRA
ANDORRAN POLICE FORCE
Andorra is one of the safest countries in the world: there is no homelessness, the level of crime is very low and we have an efficient police service.
- 110 / (+376) 872 000 - policia.ad
In the event of an emergency or accident, contact the rescue teams led by the Andorran Fire Brigade. They are responsible for carrying out mountain rescues and handling any incident related to natural fires or incidents in the city. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, you can call the emergency telephone number in Andorra indicated below.
EMERGENCY SERVICE NUMBER
- C/ Verge del Remei, Caserna de Santa Coloma, Andorra la Vella
- 112 - bombers.ad
Andorra has a comprehensive health network that meets the needs throughout the country through the "Andorran Healthcare Service" (SAAS). There are agreements with the public health-care systems of Spain, France and Portugal. Find out more in your home country before travelling.
The Hospital de Nostra Senyora de Meritxell centralises all services including Accidents and Emergencies, and there are Health Centres located in the parishes, which tend to open from Monday to Friday.
If you have any health problems on the weekend or during holidays, you can go to the Medical Stays Service (Servei de permanències mèdiques), a public service made up of primary care doctors with open consultations from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. to 8 p.
In addition, it has an extensive network of chemists, with extended opening hours. In case of emergency or an accident, you can also contact the Andorran fire brigade.
EMERGENCY SERVICES ADDRESSES
- Hospital Nostra Senyora de Meritxell - C/ dels Escalls, s/n - AD700 Escaldes – Engordany
- Servei de Permanències Mèdiques
- Clinica Verge de Meritxell - C/ dels Escalls, 16, Baixos - AD700 Escaldes – Engordany
EMERGENCY SERVICE NUMBER
- 116 Medical emergencies
- 112 Emergencies
- 118 Fire brigade
DRIVING & ASSISTANCE
If you are visiting during inclement weather, you can check the conditions of roads before setting out. On the Transport service’s website, you will find an interactive map with traffic alerts and information about incidents in real time.
Remember that in winter, cars must be driven with snow chains.
TRANSPORT AND MAIN ROADS SERVICE
If you need road-side assistance, there are various private companies that can help. Each parish has a transport and citizens’ advice service where you will find all the information. Here you'll find the telephone numbers in Andorra where you can request road-side assistance 24-hours a day.
- (+376) 1802 1802
Choose the parish
- CANILLO: (+376) 346 000
- ENCAMP: 162
- PAS DE LA CASA: 162
- ORDINO: 163
- LA MASSANA: 164 / (+376) 736 925
- ANDORRA LA VELLA: 165 / (+376) 873 111
- SANT JULIÀ DE LÒRIA: (+376) 744 021
- ESCALDES-ENGORDANY: 167
EMBASSIES IN ANDORRA
A number of European foreign embassies are located in Andorra. You can contact them via the telephone numbers in Andorra that are given below. They'll be able to assist you with anything you may need before, during and after your trip to Andorra. Contact them!
EMBASSIES AND CONSULATES
- Embassy of Spain - (+376) 800 030 - http://www.exteriores.gob.es/embajadas/
- Spanish Consulate - (+376) 800 080 - http://www.exteriores.gob.es/consulados/
- Embassy of France - (+376) 736 700 - http://www.ambafrance-ad.org/
- French Consulate - (+376) 736 730 - http://www.ambafrance-ad.org/
- Embassy of Portugal: (+376) 805 308
- Honorary Consulate of Portugal: (+376) 805 305
- Honorary Consulate of Belgium: (+376) 386 598
- Consulate General of Switzerland: (+376) 871 330
- British Consulate in Andorra: (+376) 862 080
- Honorary Consulate of Chile: (+376) 735 785
- Honorary Consulate of Germany: (+376) 861 036
If you lose or think you may have had property stolen, you can go to the Police Department of Andorra to make an official report.