Andorra ski resort, three paradises for snow lovers
DO IT HERE...
Snow lovers will find everything they need at Andorra ski resort. Under normal weather conditions, skiing on some of Andorra’s slopes is possible as early as November. Would you like to find out about its resorts?
The privilege of skiing at Andorra ski resort
Andorra has some world-class ski resorts. They all offer optimal conditions of snow, terrain and services to satisfy even the most demanding visitors. Discover one of Europe’s leading winter destinations!
The Pyrenees’ largest ski resort has over 210 kilometres of slopes, the longest of which stretches for nearly 7 kilometres. It has 24 green, 54 blue, 42 red and 19 black slopes, distributed in 7 areas:
- Encamp. This is the closest to the country’s capital and has one of Europe’s longest funicular railways.
- Canillo. This family-oriented area is designed for beginners and includes a spectacular zip-line and the Mont Magic, a highly entertaining children’s circuit.
- El Tarter. This is aimed at more daring sportspeople, who love extreme activities. El Tarter Snowpark offers a variety of challenges on the snow and has some very demanding lines of modules. You can leave the children at the Bababoom Circus, a fantastic facility for kids, while you test yourself against the Snowpark’s challenges. At night, the atmosphere and live music of Abarset awaits.
- Soldeu. Its main attractions are the extreme descents on slopes as wide as they are thrilling. The best known is Avet, which has a beautiful fir tree in the centre. At night, young people gather at its nightspots where fun is guaranteed.
- Grau Roig. These are the purest and most absorbing slopes, where all skiers can enjoy thrilling experiences. This is the place for you if you like dog-sledding, snowmobiles or snowshoeing.
- Pas de la Casa. Its variety of slopes makes Pas de la Casa ideal for groups with different levels of expertise. Good après-ski is also guaranteed.
- El Peretol. A peaceful atmosphere, set in a welcoming area with 4 blue slopes.
It has two very significant advantages over other options in Andorra: it is the first to open and the last to close. Sometimes, you can even ski there in May! It has exceptional snow quality and boasts 28 slopes: 9 green, 7 blue, 11 red and 2 black. It has exceptional charm and offers fascinating, enigmatic routes, freeride zones and great potential for cross-country skiing.
Beginners can test themselves on the longest beginners’ slope in the Pyrenees: the 8-kilometre Megaverda. It is ideal for learning and improving. The broad range of activities at Ordino Arcalís is also a draw for visitors with more unconventional interests.
This resort is the combination of two sectors connected to one another by cable car. It covers an area of 63 square kilometres and its skiable area boasts an elevation change of 1,000 metres. It is a great favourite for families and school groups in particular. Vallnord-Pal Arinsal offers 7 green, 18 blue, 17 red, 4 black and 5 slalom slopes.
It provides a wide range of experiences and entertainment, including skimo, snowshoeing and a snowpark. Its proximity to central Andorra simplifies access to the ski zones, while the La Massana and Arinsal cable cars make it easier to move around. Lastly, the variety of cuisine is another of its distinctive qualities.
Not only is this the country's sole Nordic skiing resort; it also offers a host of outdoor adventures throughout the year. Above all, visitors will love its two star activities: the Airtrekk and the Tobotronc.
In short, Andorra ski resort is a delightful choice with a host of rewards for every type of skier. The scenic beauty, broad range of options and consistently impeccable service provide a recipe for fun, amidst truly exceptional surroundings.
MORE FUN ACTIVITIES...
There are three craft beer producers in Andorra: Cerveses Alpha, Boris Craft Beer and Cervesa & And, come and try them all!
Mon(t) Magic Family Park in Canillo is a park for experiences and adventures with the whole family. Find out about all their activities here
The Collet de Montaup viewpoint is at an altitude of 1,946 metres on the CS-240, at Km 6-7 in the parish of Canillo.
This activity is found in the Pal sector of the resort, in Plaça del Pla de la Caubella, and is suitable for children and adults!
Come to Andorra this summer and cross Europe’s longest Tibetan bridge, which offers some magnificent views over the Vall del Riu and the surrounding mountains.
ROUTES WORTH TRYING...
If you like the long high-mountain stages, The Giants of the Three Nations is perfect for you! You’ll tour our neighbouring nations in just under a week!
This via ferrata can be accessed freely and is situated on the CG2 road, near the village of Meritxell, in the parish of Canillo.
Riberamunt Hike: from Santa Bàrbara to the Borda de Sorteny hut, this is an Ordino route that offers quite a demanding level of difficulty.
We start the route from the centre of Encamp, heading towards the area of Cortals along the CS-220 road.
The Cortals Aventura rock wall is at km 8 on the road to els Cortals d’Encamp .