The Casa de la Vall is the former headquarters of the ‘Consell General’ (Parliament of Andorra), and is located in Andorra la Vella’s old quarter.
This square building in three parts is from 1580, in the typical style of the Catalan stately homes. The house was originally used privately by its owners, the Busquets family, and was purchased in 1702 by the General Council. Inside it still preserves the former kitchen and rooms, the ‘sala dels passos perduts’ and thecupboard of the 7 keys. On the main facade there is the present shield of Andorra, the previous one (from the 14th century), and some defence elements such as the slits, the tower and the machicolations. In the gardens we find the watchtower, a baptismal pyre, a cross and contemporary commemorative sculptures.
Booking required for a guided tour.
Last tour 30 min. before close. Guided tour 30 min. Languages: Catalan, Spanish, French and English. Maximum 25 people per tour. Space not adapted.
More details on the monument, its prices and opening hours in the Culture Guide in pdf format.