The Church of Sant Joan de Sispony dates back to the 17th-century, according to the date on its facade.
Possibly Romanesque in origin, but entirely modified several times over the years. Sant Joan de Sispony has a bell tower and a rectangular nave. The first document in which the village of Sispony is mentioned is the Concordia of 1162. The signatures include G.R. de Sispony.
However, the church is not mentioned until 30 May 1272, when Rula de Serters, in his wills, left 12 pieces of money to Sant Joan de Sispony.
More information: La Massana Tourist Office.